The Craft and Poetry of Curing Meats at Home
- The author is a chef and farmer and the founder of Foothills Deli and Bakery, the former Executive Director of The Organic Growers School and the principal at Mereleigh Consulting
- She trained under Kari Underly, master butcher from Chicago
- Interest in charcuterie is on the rise worldwide with chefs developing their own unique recipes
- Cured meats arose out the need to preserve meat without refrigeration. Today it is trending as a foodie art form and gourmet menu item.
- This book celebrates the craft and thrift, discovery and empowerment, self-sufficiency and expression of making your own cured meat products.
- Accessible explanations of charcuterie techniques illustrated with helpful photos
- The over 18 recipes include: Fresh Sausage; Corned Beef Tongue; Pastrami; Fermented Sausages; Smoked meat and Mortadella
- Easy for home cooks with small kitchens
- Will appeal to those seeking traditional hobbies in the digital age
- New Society Publishers is committed to the highest environmental practices in the industry including: printing all their books in North America, on 100% post-consumer recycled FSC-certified paper, using vegetable-based, low-VOC inks; and offsetting their emissions to make all of their business operations carbon neutral and is proudly B Corp certified. Their books are so Green you could eat them!