Insight Guides Pocket Rome (Travel Guide eBook)
Insight Guides Pocket Rome
Travel made easy. Ask local experts.
The definitive pocket-sized travel guide.
Part of our UEFA Euro 2020 guidebook series. If you're planning to visit Stadio Olimpico in Rome to watch Euro 2020 matches, then this pocket guidebook provides all the information you need to make the most of your trip, from ready-made itineraries to help you explore the city when you're not at the game, to essential advice about getting around.
Compact, concise and packed full of essential information about where to go and what to do, this is the ideal on-the-move travel guide for exploring Rome. From top tourist attractions like the Trevi Fountain, Roman Forum and the Sistine Chapel, to cultural gems, including one of Italy's greatest gardens at the Villa D'Este, The Vatican with its omnipresent St. Peter's Basilica dome, and the 50,000-seat, AD 80 Colosseum gladiators' arena, plan your perfect trip with this practical, all-in-one travel guide.
Features of this travel guide to Rome:
- Inspirational itineraries: discover the best destinations, sights and excursions, highlighted with stunning photography
- Historical and cultural insights: delve into the city's rich history and culture, and learn all about its people, art and traditions
- Practical full-colour maps: with every major attraction highlighted, the maps make on-the-ground navigation easy
- Key tips and essential information: from transport to tipping, we've got you covered
- Covers: Ancient Rome; Piazza Venezia and Capitoline Hill; Centro Storico; Spanish Steps and Tridente; The Trevi Fountain and Quirinale; Villa Borghese; The Vatican; Trastevere; The Aventine; Testaccio; Monti and Esquilino; Further Afield; Excursions
Looking for a comprehensive guide to Italy? Check out the Insight Guide to Italy for a detailed and entertaining look at all the country has to offer.
About Insight Guides: Insight Guides is a pioneer of full-colour guide books, with almost 50 years' experience of publishing high-quality, visual travel guides with user-friendly, modern design. We produce around 400 full-colour print guide books and maps, as well as phrase books, picture-packed eBooks and apps to meet different travellers' needs. Insight Guides' unique combination of beautiful travel photography and focus on history and culture create a unique visual reference and planning tool to inspire your next adventure.